Turkey country information
Turkey is formed by Eastern Thrace which is a European part and represents 3% of the national territory. Asia Minor or Anatolia forms the rest of the Turkish territory.
In the north, the chain forms the Anti-Taurus. There are also four seas surrounding Turkey:
- The Black Sea in the north dominated by the Pontic chain.
- The Mediterranean, whose coast extends from the ancient Lycia to the Hatay or Antioch region, passing through the ancient Pamphylia.
- The Marmara Sea with its straits which are the Bosphorus and Dardanelles and which mark the geographical boundaries of Europe and Asia.
- The Aegean Sea, which forms the longest coast and an archipelago of islands of which only Gökçeada İmros and Bozcaada Tenedos belong to Turkey.
Turkey is divided into large regions as follows:
- Marmara and Aegean coasts.
- Western Anatolia
- Black Sea Coast.
- Central anatolia
- Mediterranean Coast.
- Southeast Anatolia.
- Eastern Anatolia
Turkey is a country with an area close to 780580 km² and a population of just over 77804122 people. Turkey belongs to the continent of Asia. Its ALPHA2 code is TR and ALPHA3 code is TUR.
Some information on Turkey
|Fips country code||TU|